The Adirondack Unitarian Universalist Community (AUUC) of Saranac Lake, NY, is seeking a quarter-time minister to serve our small congregation. The Saranac Lake community is nestled in the heart of the beautiful Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York. We are looking for a minister who will create a sense of awe and wonder in Sunday service, foster the fellowship and community within the church and help grow the congregation.
The Minsterial Responsibilities would include:
- Working 48 hours over the course of the month, including sermon preparation and travel time.
- Providing two Sunday services over the course of the month
- Providing some time during the month to meet periodically with the board, committees, and our community
- Providing some guidance to our Religious Education Program
- Providing some Pastoral care
- All responsibilities as listed above are subject to negotiation between the ministerial candidate and the congregation.
The salary offered is in line with the UUA salary recommendations.
Interested applicants should also send their ministerial record and a brief email expressing their interest to Jean Chamberlain at jeanc229 at gmail.com. You will then be given access on the AUUC website to view the extensive informational packet detailing all aspects of the AUUC, the vibrant, friendly Saranac Lake community and the beautiful Adirondack Mountains.